We are an independently owned, integrated marketing agency that specializes in content-driven campaigns that elevate PR, social media presence, consumer engagement in the digital space and ultimately, sales. Founded in 1997, our offices in Portland, Oregon, New York City and San Francisco are always on the hunt for new talent that share our passion for brands across food, beverage, fashion, finance and tech industries.
How we work
At R\West we approach every day with grit, guts and grace. We believe these three qualities are not only what set us apart, but are the key ingredients to creating an inspiring workplace that makes amazing work.
Grit: The willingness to roll up our sleeves and get to work. We treat every project—no matter how big or small—with the same diligence and uncompromising standards.
Guts: The fortitude to challenge ourselves and clients to go beyond comfort zones. Daring tactics backed by sound strategy can reap big rewards.
Grace: The way we treat our coworkers, clients and colleagues. With good faith, a listening ear and a common goal to see all of us succeed.
R\West is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Assistant Brand Manager – NYC
About this Role:
At R\West, we call our Account Executives “Brand Managers.” They understand a successful “brand” goes far beyond marketing and advertising. From people to production lines, our brand managers look at a brand holistically. They listen, inside and outside the company to gain the insight needed to get results, while having our clients’ best interests in mind. It’s the foundation to building great client relationships at R/West and how we earn the trust and respect to keep those relationships strong.
You’ll be pivotal in bringing our client’s branding and positioning to life through account and project management. You’ll support brand strategy dialogue across the agency, working closely with all departments including the digital experience team, public relations team, creative team, media team, and critical external partners. You’ll then support execution, working with internal team members and creative resources to deliver the highest-quality work across all mediums, managing timelines and budgets. You’ll provide assistance for tracking the impact and learning’s of these activities and bringing your insights back to the client’s core brand strategies.
- Day-to-day project manager for each of your client teams
- Work with account lead (Sr. Brand Manager) to understand and execute against inter-discipline agency teams
- Organize and participate in client meetings, including creating agendas and circulating notes as needed
- Coordinate integrated account teams through our project management tool/system, ensuring best-in-class work delivery
- Set account milestones and deadlines as needed
- Ensure client briefs are clearly understood and that teams have all necessary materials to execute resulting work
- Contribute to the development of a Client’s short- and long-term strategic plans
- 1-3 years account experience in a creative advertising agency, Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Proven ability to work as part of a project team to bring creative ideas to execution, and deliver concepts to consumers
- Excellent verbal and written communications, including meeting facilitation and presentations
- Strong ability to quickly integrate into a team
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, thriving in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- High integrity and strong work ethic
- Excellent time management skills – the ability to determine where to prioritize time based on client needs of the moment
- Be a proactive thinker, comfortable with taking significant initiative in an autonomous atmosphere
- Ability to gain trust and respect by consistently demonstrating sound critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Burgeoning ability to analyze brand landscapes, consumers and trends, and derive innovative approaches and plans
- Familiarity with Google/G-Suite & Microsoft Office tools
Compensation & Benefits:
A competitive salary that is commensurate with relevant experience. Employee benefits include Health insurance including medical, dental and vision, 401K with matching, profit sharing, education fund, volunteer time and more.
We are excited to consider applicants who are able to work remotely and, one day, would like the opportunity to optionally work from our New York City office. Remote team members will be expected to work out of their home office and be available to collaborate and support colleagues during key business hours for their relevant clients/office.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position please submit your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!